Ecological and social responsibility
We have reached an important milestone: studio bumbuli is certified as a company according to the GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard)!
Everyone should feel good with our clothes - this applies not only to our customers, but also to the people who are involved in the creation of our products along the different production stages. From the cultivation of the cotton to the production of the yarn and the dyeing, weaving/knitting to the manufacturing of the products and the distribution to your home.
We attach great importance to the adherence to high ecological and social standards, because we are convinced that both must be equally fulfilled in order to create a sustainable product. A product to feel good with.
To ensure this, we have ourselves and our products certified by an independent institution.
From the very beginning, the Global Organic Textile Standard has been an important and credible textile seal for sustainable clothing for us, as it takes a holistic approach: because in addition to the high requirements for ecological standards, extensive social criteria must be met.
What are these criteria?
The ecological standards include the following points, among others:
- A product with the GOTS label 'organic', like the ones you will find in our shop, must contain at least 95% certified organic fibers.
- All chemical additives such as dyes meet strict ecological criteria, azo dyes are prohibited.
- The use of heavy metals or chlorine is prohibited.
- Accessories made of polyester, for example, must be made of recycled materials.
- Environmentally friendly, resource-saving production is required, i.e. all certified companies must have their own environmental protection program with targets and procedures to minimize waste and waste water.
- The packaging material must not contain PVC. All paper or cardboard packaging materials, hang tags, banderoles, etc. must be either certified according to FSC or PEFC standards or recycled.
The social standards of the International Labor Organization (ILO) form the minimum requirement of the GOTS standards.These include:
- No child labor
- No forced labor
- Setting of a minimum wage
- Freedom of association No excessive working hours
In addition, there are specifications for storage, packaging and transport:
Textiles certified to the GOTS standard must be stored and transported in a manner that prevents contamination with unacceptable substances and mixing or interchanging with conventional products.
All paper and cardboard used as packaging materials of GOTS goods must be made from recycled materials or certified according to a sustainable forest management program. Transport must be documented.
The seal is awarded annually and GOTS certified companies, like us, are subject to regular audits - consisting of on-site inspection at the company and warehouse, as well as analysis of residues in the textiles.
If you want to learn more about GOTS, you can do so here.